Monday, May 12, 2008

10,000 B.C. and Mother's Day

We had a fun weekend. Saturday Justin and I saw 10,000 B.C. We both really enjoyed it. The previews didn't actually show a lot of the plot concept so we weren't really sure what we were in for, but I really liked it. To me, it had an Apacolypto flavor withouth the violence and gore and ancient language. When we got home from the movie, our garage door motor stopped working. It has been running very ragged for the past six months or so, and it finally gave out. So we turned right back around and purchased a new motor. Justin and I spent several hours putting it together and installing it in the garage...and alas, our worries are not over yet. It goes up, but doesn't go down. So we will call customer service today and see if we can figure something out. If that doesn't work, we'll have to call someone in.

We had a quiet Mother's Day. Church was really beautiful, but I made sure to linger in the chapel long enough to avoid the Mother's Day flowers they were handing out. As I say every year, I am not a mother. They argue that the gifts are for all the women, but it's Mother's Day, not Women's Day. We tried some more on the garage to no avail. I came down with a stomach bug and Justin took care of me, making dinner and cleaning the house while I relaxed. We were able to talk to our mothers and just had a nice quiet weekend.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here