Tuesday, May 6, 2008

About Lara


Lara's B.S. graduation photo. April 2008


I have never blogged before because I figured my life isn't that interesting since my job is not exciting nor do I have children for all to see. But I'll give it a go anyway. I figure we'll start with the basics.

I am Lara. I was born and raised in Idaho Falls, Idaho, about 15 miles from where I now live in Shelley, Idaho. I am the youngest of five kids (eight kids when including my half-brothers I was not raised with). I attended a junior college in Rock Springs, Wyoming, where I obtained my Associate's Degree and a husband. We then moved to Moscow, Idaho, for two years to attend the University of Idaho. I dropped out after a year, unsure of what I wanted to do. I sold jewelry for those two years and that was really fun. I have a larger jewelry collection than someone my age deserves, that's for sure.

We moved to Idaho Falls in 2004 just because we wanted to be in this area. Justin started work in the psychology/counseling field and has really enjoyed it. I started my sentence (oops! I meant career!) at Melaleuca where I took customer service calls for a couple months then was promoted to website content manager, then promoted to enterprise architect technical writer, then promoted to marketing copywriter. I've worked in marketing for a year now and I love it. It's definitely up my alley. Whether I am writing catalog articles, product brochures, or the washing instructions on the back of the shampoo labels, I love it. I write for the bath & body category, so I can use all my girliness in writing about body washes, lotions, face creams, etc. It's a perfect fit.

In 2005 I went back to school full-time with online classes from the University of Idaho. I also continued to work full time. This coincided with Justin working full time and going to grad school full time. So...we only see each other part-time! I graduated with my Bachelor's of Psychology in December of 2007, but just had my commencement ceremony this May. It was a long road, but I am proud to have finished it. I can't believe how much free time I have now that school is done.

I have always been writing stories for as long as I can remember. I completed my first novel in March 2008. I am working on two more simultaneously. Hopefully one (or all!) of them will attract an agent and I can someday be a published author.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here