Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Travels So Far

Justin and I both love to travel. I come from an "airline" family. My dad was a regional manager for Delta Airlines, my mom used to be a flight attendant, my oldest brother Brad currently works as a dispatcher for SkyWest Airlines. My other brother Jordan used to be a ground agent for Horizons. So...I've been brought up on travelling. I introduced Justin to the wonderful world of flying standby (his initiation included getting stranded in Mexico City the first night of our honeymoon) and we've been trying to see as much of the world as we can possibly afford.











Here are some pictures from our trip to Oahu and the Big Island in 2007. This was our second trip together and my fifth trip. My parents were serving as volunteers at BYU-Hawaii and at the Polynesian Cultural Center and we took advantage of their hospitality and location by visiting them twice - once in 2005 and again in 2007. With Mom and Dad there, they were very affordable trips. This time Julie and Aaron Groff and their 6 month old son Camden came with us. We rented a one bedroom apartment just down the street from my parents' apartment and had a blast. Justin and I decided to island hop and headed over to the Big Island to see Volcanoes National Park. We spent the night and flew back to Oahu the next day. Though we didn't see any red lava, we had a blast.

We took a cruise in December 2006 to Mexico and Belize. It was the best vacation ever! We stopped at Progresso, Mexico; Cozumel, Mexico; and Belize City, Belize. At our first stop we took a tour to see the Mayan city Chichen Itza - something we missed on our honeymoon due to a series of unfortunate events. It was incredible. In Cozumel we went on a submarine 100 feet under water to see the coral reefs. In Belize we went deep into the jungle and tubed down a river that went through incredible limestone caverns (we saw bats!) and then zip-lined through the jungle canopy. What an adventure!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here