Saturday, June 21, 2008

Tag

20 years ago...
June 1988 I was six. I had just finished kindergarten with my teacher Mrs. Black. It's possible our family was planning a fun camping trip. I loved to play pretend, play Barbies, and play with my best friend Faye.

10 years ago...
June 1998 I had just finished my fabulous sophmore year in high school. I was dating and driving. I was close to a couple of senior guys and it was difficult to see them graduate knowing our lives were forever separating. There were missionary farewells and fun summer parties. Little did I know that in August my wild days of teenage abandon would be tempered by my first job. And after working there for three years, I still love Arby's!

5 years ago...
In 2003, Justin and I were living in Moscow, Idaho, and had just celebrated our second anniversary. And we thought that was such a milestone! We had just moved into our apartment on Baker Street--a place and time we remember with much fondness. It was a golden year in our lives. I had just dropped out of college and Justin had just decided on psychology as his major. It was the first time we seriously tried getting pregnant.

3 years ago...
In June of 2005, Justin and I were living in a lovely apartment in Ammon. We were both only a couple months into new jobs--jobs we still work at. Justin at Mental Wellness Center and me at Melaleuca. I started on the phones and it was in June that I got a very unexpected promotion and became the web content manager for Melaleuca.com. Happy time!

1 year ago...
Last June was also an exciting time. I had been promoted to a creative writer in Marketing, a position I had had my eye on for years. I had finally found a home at Melaleuca--a position where I really loved what I was doing and excelled at it. We had been in our house for a year and were very seriously trying to start a family. I had six months of school left and Justin had a year left of his graduate program (or so we thought at the time). We were busy with house stuff, school stuff, and work stuff.

So far this year...
I have graduated with my bachelor's degree (in Dec. '07). I have undergone numerous fertility treatments in an attempt to start a family and shed many tears over that heartache. I got a new calling at church as a Sunday School teacher. I have become the owner of my childhood camper. I have planted a garden for the first time. I have written my first novel.

Yesterday I...
Had a hard time staying at work until 5:30 on such a gloriously beautiful day, but I did! Justin and I met up with my brother Jordan and we did a geocache that took us to Keefer's island in the middle of the Snake River. That was awesome! I actually walked around in that rickety old cabin. We found the geocache quite quickly and wanted something else to do in the nice weather, so we all went to the Sandpiper where we enjoyed excellent food on the patio overlooking the river.

Today I...
Have been practically worthless. Slept until 10:30. Read some blogs until about 2:00. Ate a sandwich. Mowed the back lawn. Prepared my Sunday School lesson for tomorrow and blogged some more. I am still in my pj's and the only things I have eaten have been a peanut butter sandwich, a can of Dr. Pepper, and a handfull of chips and it is now 6:00 p.m. I am still in my pajamas. And while I have been so lazy all day, my dear husband has worked for three hours at his office, then worked at home all afternoon sawing and gluing and installing our wainscoting into our downstairs bathroom. I don't blame him if he resents me...

Later tonight...
I hope to shower and eat something and do something nice for my husband who has been working so hard.

Tomorrow...
Is the Sabbath and we will attend church and have a quiet day at home watering the lawn.

This year I hope to....
Find an agent to represent my novel. Become a little more mature and consistent with house chores and homemaking (I often live like a college student--bad food, messy habits, and a lot of irresponsibility).

I tag....
Julie, Stephanie, Maria, and my Mom.
Now this means you have copy in this "tag" and put your own answers in.

2 comments:

Groff Family said...

Hey Lara, I like this one! I did read it the day you did it, I hve just been lazy with responding, but stay tuned!

Max said...

So fun! Thanks for tagging me, it was fun to remember back that far. You know what's crazy? I have a daughter who will be in kindergarten soon. It's weird. I loved reading yours and it's nice to know I'm not the only one in the world who enjoys a lazy day. My problem is I tend to have one every day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here