Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Art of Procrastination

Yesterday: We are back from our weekend away and the Sabbath is over. I need to mow the lawn. Oh, it can wait one day. And besides, I didn't get home from work until 7:00 p.m. I have other things to do like cleaning up a messy kitchen, tending to my vegetable garden, feeding and watering the birds, unpacking smoky camping clothes, laundering said smoky clothes, etc. Oh, Justin's home! Let me hang out with him a bit, then we'll see what happens.

By bed time, at least the starving and parched birds have been taken care of.

Today: I stayed late at work yesterday, I can leave a bit early today and go to the product store. Justin has been nagging me to do that for a week. Wow, I'm actually home before 6:00. I usually don't even leave work until then. I have so much time! Should I mow the lawn? It's starting to rain. Besides, I'm feeling inspired to work on my novel a bit and it's critical I work with that motivation at this point. Is Justin's laptop around anywhere? I think I'll stay more focused if I write on that, away from the internet. Hmmm, can't find it. Maybe I could bring our extra computer upstairs. I go to our storage room and move boxes around until I find it. Here's the CPU. I'll just set it out here in the middle of the hallway. I better check to see if I can find all the parts and cords before taking it upstairs. Can't find them. Maybe I'll take up my regular "internet" computer. Wait, that's a hassle. Stop being a baby and just type on this one. But I may as well check my blog first to see if there are any comments or to see if anyone has updated their blog. Oh, look at all my friends from high school I've found. Maybe I should drop a line.

It's 7:30 and I'm still on blogspot. Maybe I should get something to eat. I'll make chocolate milk, that's a good dinner. Eek, I think the milk is bad.

And, damn. It's stopped raining.

2 comments:

natsprat said...

Ha ha ha. Oh man. You crack me up! I'm so excited to read your blog! I know you'll always have great posts! :) Thanks for inviting me! Don't forget to email me your email address so I can send you an invite to ours!

cadylee said...

Ha, ha. Procrastinator!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here