Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I Proposed

Is it fair to say that now I know what it's like when a man proposes? The vulnerability. The sweaty palms. The hours of preparation. Practicing the conversation over and over and over again. Waiting for the perfect day and the right moment. And finally, popping the question--will you consider adding adoption benefits to our current company sponsored benefits plan? Of course, I got to ask my question in a letter format, which is probably easier. How many guys wished they could write a "check-yes-or-no" note with a marriage proposal in it? But the bad thing is, I won't get an answer back right away (or get to see any body language that might give me a clue). The woman in Human Resources who is helping me facilitate this was very excited for me and enthusiastic, but ultimately, it's really not her call. I am hoping she's a barometer for the VP. I kept thinking I was like Esther going before the king. Except not nearly as serious. And it's kind of a blasphemous thought. So I'll stick with the guy proposing comparison.

Anyway, I don't know when I will hear anything, but as soon as I do, I'll post it. Keep your fingers crossed!

1 comment:

The Sommer Family said...

Lara- Hey! It was great to hear from you. Good luck with your adoption, that is so great! I hope they will add the benefits for you. I have seen you from a far at some Mela-events, hope all is going well!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here