Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Week 0: Application Submitted



We sealed the envelope and put our application for the adoption agency in the mail today. We met our caseworker, Claire, last week and have already had good contact with her and have a jump start on our paperwork. Since today made it official, I bought two baby outfits--one boy and one girl--and wrapped them up for Justin when he gets home from work. I almost cried right there in the store. I've longingly passed the baby section of stores yearning for the time when I would be shopping for my baby. Today it happened and I almost lost it! Silly Lara.

We are going to cruise through the paperwork as fast as humanly possible. My goal is to be on the waiting list by the first week of September. Claire says it's possible if we move fast. There is no one in front of us waiting for a home study, so when we are ready, so is she.

I can't believe this is really happening! I am so excited!

1 comment:

natsprat said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting! I can't wait for the updates!!! You will be such an amazing mom!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here