Thursday, July 31, 2008

Week 1: Paperwork


It's been one week since we submitted our application to our adoption agency. We received confirmation today from the agency that we have been accepted. When we applied last week, we learned the agency is currently representing 18 families and they only take 20 at a time, so we were hoping two more families wouldn't beat us to the punch and it looks like that didn't happen.

For the past week, we've been cruising through the paperwork. I've finished all my personal essays and Justin is working on his. We have a doctor's appointment set up for next week. I was worried that we'd have to request new copies of our birth and marriage certificates, since I had absolutely no clue where they were or if we were even in possession of some of them. But we looked for a minute in the basement and found a file with everything in it. I was amazed. My friend at work, Jamie, said it's a sign that we are meant to get on this list quickly because there will be a baby for us soon. I hope so!

4 comments:

mrs. r said...

hooray!

i have added you on my "hoping to adopt" list and on my adoption peeps.

and thank you for such a sweet comment the other day. you are darling.

much love,

mrs. r

Groff Family said...

Yay! I'm glad that you got accepted! We are filling out the paperwork that you gave us and writing the letter today. Sorry that we didn't do it when we were camping, there just never seemed to be an opportune time.

cadylee said...

Hooray! Are you going through LDS Family Services, or another agency? When you find the right baby, be sure all the i's are dotted and the t's crossed; make sure both the mother and father have signed over rights so you don't run into problems later.

Also, I'll be in I.F. this Sunday. I'm asking all the people I know who are still there to stop by my parents' house for pizza or burgers or something around 1 p.m. If you'll be around and can make it, drop me a line at cadys80s@gmail.com.

Lara & Justin said...

We are actually going through A New Beginning Adoption Agency. Believe me--we are aware of all that can go wrong with adoptions and all the legalities. I hope it goes smoothly. We were really picky about our agency and caseworker to ensure the best experience possible.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here