Wednesday, February 4, 2009

In the Storm

(Here are my nasty herbs. I have to swallow three spoonfuls of this gross powder three times a day. I just mix it in my mouth with some liquid and swallow. I don't even know what's in it, but my friend says he can smell ginseng. For all I know it could be poison, or illegal substances, or dirt. Going from taste, I would say it's dirt.)


The prosecutor in Justin's case refuses to make a deal (he's new which makes him nervous to go against the cops to make a deal and it also makes him cocky). We are going to a jury trial near the end of April.

Justin will lose his driver's license for 90 days starting next month.

Ten days after we purchased the truck, it died. The dealership won't do anything for us. It needs an alternator.

Justin got a pay cut at work.

Some pressure has been put on Justin at work because of this DUI thing. He's had to stop seeing certain clients because their probation officers are being weird.

Between skyrocketing legal fees, car repairs, new student loans, Justin's kidney troubles and hospital tests, my upcoming fertility treatments, and a pay cut, our finances are starting to seem impossible.

No news on our adoption.

Yesterday at the bank there was a lady freaking out and swearing at the teller. Apparently I stared at her and she went off the hook and called me the dirtiest, most explicitly horrible, worst names I've ever been called and said shockingly horribly things to me. And this happened to be in front of my husband. Who got pretty darn close to decking her. Which she totally deserved, but was illegal. It shook me up for the rest of the day.

My herbs taste horrible!

And despite all that, I am content. I feel like the happiest, luckiest girl in the world. I am so in love with my Justin. We totally have each others' back, something that has been proven a lot lately. There seems no reason to not be freaking out right now, but somehow, through a lot of prayer and faith, I am cool as a cucumber.

I saw this quote on a friend's blog and it is exactly how I feel.


"Sometimes God calms the storm and sometimes God lets the storm rage and calms His child."

4 comments:

Frederick Family said...

I'm sorry. Hang in there. If you want your muscles to grow you have to put more weight on the bar to create more resistance. Can you feel your muscles growing? By the way my kids think it is hilarious that you have wet your pants in Walmart.

Max said...

Wow Lara, sorry about all the storms! Doesn't it make you wish we could lay on the sidewalk half way between our houses, stare up at the sky and let the rain fall down on our faces? Good luck with all of that, and I love that quote!

Maria

natsprat said...

Wow, that is quite the storm. :( I hope things calm down for you soon. And I hope they start flavoring your herbs...they sound terrible!!! Good luck with all of the tests and treatments, I'll keep you guys in my prayers! That's such an awesome quote by the way, I'll have to remember that one! *BIG HUG!*

Moni said...

Hi Lara,
I love this qoute. A few years back I was going through a rough patch and I read it in a magazine. It helped me through some hard moments. I later went back to find the excact qoute and I have never been able to find it until I read your blog.
I am praying for you and Justin.
Hang in there.
Your cousin Monika

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here