Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Empty Things Inside



It's so cold
My hand on this bed where you should be
Like rain, like frost, like ice
My palms against my ears
But I can't help but hear
the sound of hollow
Filling all the cracks in sight
It fills this room, this empty room
The empty bed and my empty head
And all the empty things inside

Why don't I deserve you?
Why do you never come?
You give your promise time after time
And yet you never come

And they're so cold
These arms that should be holding you
Like rain, like frost, like ice
I can't escape the hollow
The din that smears my will to fight
It fills this room, this empty room
The empty bed and my empty head
And all the empty things inside

-L.N.H. 3/26/09-

1 comment:

Groff Family said...

I love you, Lara. It WILL happen. There is a very special child that is waiting for you too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here