Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Pets are People Too

I now officially boycott any movie that shows a pet getting eaten by a monster.

Justin loves gory, cheesy, lame horror movies on the Sci-Fi channel. I often watch them with him because...well, there's no excuse. I just sometimes do. They have a specific formula. This often includes a brave, protective dog disobeying his master and being eaten by the baddie of the moment. There's also an unbroken rule about never showing violent things happening to children. It's just not done. This is a rule in "real" Hollywood movies as well. Which is fine. I'm not lobbying for violence against helpless, innocent beings. Which brings me to pet violence. Pets can be like children too.

Being childless, these are my babies. And I'm taking a stand against pet violence.

From The Zierkes




From The Zierkes


From The Zierkes

2 comments:

Maria said...

I have to agree! Beautiful cat, she reminds me of Melissa's cat "Samantha" that my parents inherited (until the neighbors dog ate her). My dog is our first born, so many people don't understand that. Have you seen Marley and Me? I think it's one of the best movies I've seen in a long time! I bawled the last 30 minutes and even Max fessed up to crying too.

Meagan Spaulding said...

You do realize that your dog has a dead squirrel in it's mouth, talk about small defenseless animals!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here