I heard you were coming and I've been expecting you. Do you have any bags? Oh, of course not, the moving van will be here tomorrow with all your permanent things. This isn't just a visit. This is forever. Well, come on in. You might as well make yourself comfortable.
Are you sure you won't leave after a year or two? Not even after eighteen years? Guess not, huh. This is forever. Well, then, we might as well get started.
- Is she still breathing?
- Is she comfortable?
- Why hasn't she pooped in two days?
- Is that a rash, the chicken pox, rubella, yellow fever, or just baby acne?
- Why doesn't she cry?
- Why is she fussing?
- Swine flu
- Do her hiccups hurt?
- Will she like me?
- Will she understand her adoption?
- Will she think I'm second best?
- Is this the right formula?
- I touched her soft spot--did I ruin her?
- When should I take her out?
- Why did I let so-and-so hold her, they didn't wash first.
- Did I bathe her right?
- Why did she lose so much weight?
- Is she getting enough to eat?
- Am I a bad mom?
Yeah, yeah, yeah. That's just the beginning. But one last question, Worry--will I ever get used to you?