Saturday, June 20, 2009

Father's Day

"Let's admit to ourselves that there are a lot of men out there that need to stop acting like boys; who need to realize that responsibility does not end at conception; who need to know that what makes you a man is not the ability to have a child but the courage to raise a child."

- Barrack Obama


I thought it was cool for a public figure to address the issue of fatherhood (or lack of fatherhood) in our society today.

I'm grateful for a father and grandfathers who were always right in the thick of it with me. I'm grateful for a wonderful father-in-law who values family and passed that onto his son. I am grateful for a husband who is respectful and nurturing to me and a freakin' fabulous father to our daughter.

Happy Father's Day





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here