Friday, July 17, 2009

3 Months Old and Daycare

What a week!


I thought that my first few days back at work would be slow. No such luck...or maybe it was lucky. I was swamped right away and as busy as a bee, so I didn't have too much time to mope about being at work or missing Joci.


Taking Joci to daycare was hard. I cried and cried every day my last week home with her. I was bawling as I was getting her things together Sunday evening and labeling them with a permanent marker. Tears streamed down my face as I did the paperwork.


Monday morning, Justin and I dropped Joci off together. I held it together pretty good. Didn't really cry too much at the daycare, but I did have some tears for the first half hour of work. Luckily, Joci's daycare is onsite at my company. She's just across the parking lot and I can go see her any time, so I go over every day at lunch. Of course the teachers there love her. Joci has adjusted well. I always worry that she won't get enough attention because she's so quiet, but I know they take care of her and they always have so much to say about her, so they must adore her almost as much as I do.


I'd forgotten how much I liked my job. I love what I do and the people I work with and being surrounded by all that fun stuff has made it easier to be back to work. If I hated my job, I can't imagine how I could cope with it. I've had fun writing speeches lately which is something new for me, but cool.


Today Joci is exactly 3 months old and exactly 13 weeks old. This is the first time her month marker and week marker have been on the same day. Here are some facts about her at 3 months old:

  • She finally has a "birth mark" (though it wasn't there at birth) - a red mole on her left ring finger
  • She sleeps for 8-9 hours at night
  • She loves to suck on her fist
  • She doesn't seem as interested in rolling over as she when she was 6 weeks old
  • She eats 4 ounces of formula every three hours during the day
  • She has "coo conversations" with us and is very smiley - especially for Daddy

Last week I had my own "photo shoot" with her. Nothing fancy, but here are some cute pictures I got of her.



























3 comments:

Frederick Family said...

Cute pictures.

Liz Smith said...

Im sure it's hard to be away from her during the day...but seriously, how awesome that A) you have on-site daycare practically! and B) that you love and are awesome at your job. sounds like the best of both worlds! i love that you can visit her anytime during the day....im sure tons of working moms would love to have that blessing. i hope that it continues to go well and that you have tons of fun with your little one. she's adorable. keep the pics coming! :)

Hays Family said...

Sounds like you are doing great with the adjustment. sorry for the teary week, I love the pictures of Joci, especially the patriotic ones. She is so beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here