Monday, August 24, 2009

Bubbly Day

Very rarely do I have any good work stories. I sit in a cubicle at a computer and write all day. While I enjoy it, others do not really enjoy hearing about it. I don't have any great stories like, say, my husband who counsels mentally ill drug addicts. 

But today...today there is something to report. 

Today, someone lined the aisle of the room in bubble wrap. And from this I've learned...

...that someone running across bubble wrap (or rolling their chair across it) sounds uncannily like applause

...that some more "important" big whig types think they are too important to walk across bubble wrap and do a funny leap/dance around the edges of the aisle into others' cubicles to avoid stepping on it

...that if you're not expecting the sound of large, air filled bubbles popping two feet behind you, it can be highly startling

Hope your day was as bubbly as mine!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

I love it! I can just see the leaping...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here