Saturday, November 14, 2009

Ghost of Christmas Past

Christmas is so much more fun with kids, isn't it? Jocelyn hasn't even had her first Christmas yet, nor will she even really "get" this upcoming one. But still, my mind imagines those Christmases in four or five years when Jocelyn truly is filled with the magic of the decorations, the carols, Santa (I accidently typed Satan first...please don't let her be filled with the magic of Satan), Christmas trees, special goodies, fun traditions, and all the wonderous joy the season has to offer.

I already feel like a kid again.

I can't wait for her to get her first Barbie. Her first LiteBrite. Lincoln Logs. My Little Ponies. Pogo Sticks. The Candyland game...

Oh, I guess I'm a little retro. There are probably much cooler toys now days. But it got me thinking and missing my good ol' toys from the '80s.

What toys from the '80s do you miss? Are there any modern toys you just don't get?



Lady Lovely Locks - one of my favorites. I had the castle and the pony.

4 comments:

Meagan Spaulding said...

My Little Ponies! I only had one or two but I LOVED them and I had a friend who had tons of them and we'd play for hours with them. I also had a Care Bear, and Trolls and a Barbie RV. Haha!

THE RIDDLES said...

Ahhhh Lara! Last year Austin got Candyland (yes, you can get the exact same version we grew up with, even though they also have the newer stuff) Lincoln Logs, and this year he is getting a Lite Bright! Whenever our next baby comes along I am vowing to buy them a GloWorm! I LOVE reminiscing about the good old 80's!

Mom on the Go said...

The good old toys are still awesome and the kids still love them, but they are not made the same. They cost just as much, but are so cheap! Be prepared.

Liz Smith said...

oh man, my barbies had THE LIFE. Ferrari, Corvette, speed boat, jeep, swimming pool, not to mention the huge assortment of clothes. Those were good times....though i admit, i think when i have my girls im going to go for the American Girl dolls instead...i think they are more wholesome. As far as 80s toys that i remember, i loved loved loved my Teddy Ruxpin. I know lots of people thought they were creepy, but mine was a treasure. Good memories. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here