Wednesday, December 23, 2009

CAUTION: Unabashed Bragging



I just have to say that my husband is the BEST. HUSBAND. EVER. He is always just wonderful and treats me like a queen (a big thank-you to his parents who taught him how to treat girls). But in the past few weeks he’s really gone above and beyond and I just wanted to share these things with the world.

First of all, Justin works some pretty hairy hours. He’s usually out the door by 8 a.m. and on an early night he’s home at 7 p.m. Twice a week he doesn’t get home until 10 p.m. Oh, and then he has all the paperwork from his job that he does over the weekend (several hours worth) that he doesn’t get paid for. He’s a busy and dedicated guy. I know he is exhausted and gets worn out, but that doesn’t hold him back.

The week of Jocelyn’s finalization/sealing was a very full week. I had so much on my to-do list and time was slipping away. There was one night I was planning on going shopping to find a pair of shoes to wear with my wedding dress for our pictures. I wanted some basic white pumps, but considering the frosty season, I was not finding any. So this particular night was the last evening I had to do this—we were leaving town the next day right after work. Something with church came up and my evening evaporated and I had no shoes. No big deal. No one will see my feet in the pictures. It was low on my priority list.

But I was still stressed and bothered that my time got yanked away from me. And I complained a bit. The next day my husband took time off work and he went to the mall where he went to every single store that sold shoes and looked for some white dress shoes. He called me at every store that had a potential pair and described them to me over the phone (we’re behind the times—no photo texting here). After about an hour of this, the people in the cubicles surrounding mine started to put the pieces together and they were so impressed that my husband would do that. All the girls were “ooohing” and “ahhhing” and all the guys thought he was plain nuts but felt threatened by his awesomeness. Justin suggested we go with a silver pair (great idea!) and picked out a really sexy pair of stilettos from Dillards. Wonderful job. Wonderful man.

Then I got sick right as we were going to Salt Lake. While I was spending all my time in the bathroom in Salt Lake, Justin did everything to take care of Joci. We are actually a really good parenting team and it’s not even worth noting when he changes a diaper or feeds her because he does that stuff every day. But he did EVERYTHING for her for THREE DAYS STRAIGHT. Baths. Food. Dressing her. Tights and shoes and everything. Nap times. Bed times. Play time. You name it, he did it.

Now Christmas is right around the corner and once again I’ve got a huge to-do list before my in-laws show up (which will be later this evening). This year we decided to make pajamas that we’ll open on Christmas Eve. My mom always did this and I wanted to do it this year. Justin likes sewing projects (don’t worry sweetie, only women read this blog so your masculinity is still in tact) and was excited to get involved. Well, as life would have it, Joci got sick and has needed a lot more attention. Which Justin has given to her while I’ve been sewing (these projects always take WAY longer than you think). He also had me make a cleaning to-do list and he stayed up until 1 a.m. last night scrubbing the bathroom, sweeping and mopping floors, picking up after me and my messes, and decorating Christmas gifts.

Seriously, does this guy ever quit?



3 comments:

Jill Elizabeth said...

Does he have an unmarried brother? Sigh.

Liz Smith said...

yeah!!! hooray for awesome husbands!!!!! i love mine too. Happy early christmas!!! :D

Kristy Skoy said...

You hubby is AWESOME!! It makes life so much easier whey you have a team player for a partner!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here