Thursday, December 17, 2009

I'm Not Crazy

Our last Christmas tree, 2007


We've been looking for a Christmas tree ever since we got back from Salt Lake. I'm a real tree kind of girl, so we didn't want to get one before our five day weekend and have it die/become a fire hazard and burn our house down for the holidays.

We haven't been able to find ANY trees.

(Other than a really nice one that lives outside of 24-Hour Fitness down the street from me. And I would be so tempted to borrow my brother's chain saw and cut it down when they are closed, but it's 24-Hour Fitness, so, I guess they've got themselves covered.)

We've been looking since December 14. Not that late in the game, really. But still, NO TREES!!!!

And I'm not crazy. There was actually a news article on this exact problem. There's a Christmas tree shortage in Idaho Falls. An employee at Home Depot told us when their next shipment comes in, so we'll be the first in line.


2 comments:

The Gotch Family said...

Maybe it's time you invested in a "fake" tree (you never have to worry about where to find it, unless your basement looks like mine). I finally broke down a few years ago and bought a beutiful one the day after Christmas for a GREAT deal. Of course, maybe they are out of those as well this year...

Liz Smith said...

sad! i hope you find one! i love real trees too...but i finally gave into the fake tree. It's nice cuz i can have it up all month, but i still miss the smell of pine in my house. you guys should look for a christmas tree farm. my friend does that as a tradition every year and loves it. although it may be way too cold to do that in idaho. good luck with the search! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here