Tuesday, January 19, 2010

9 Month Stats


Jocelyn is growing so fast. Nine months old last Sunday. Here are some things about her:

  • She's a walking fool and tries to do summersaults
  • She says seventeen words including "squash" "bath" and "purple"
  • She likes to sort her toys into little lines by size and by color
  • She just started singing her ABC's but she forgets G all the time
  • She has just started to sign full sentences. We're working on conjugating verbs
  • She does all the actions to Patty Cake

Okay, so I'm totally kidding. She doesn't do any of those things. Doesn't it always seem like when you're reading about other's people's babies on their blogs that their babies seem to be doing much cooler things than your kid? So I just had to poke fun at that.

We had her 9 month appointment yesterday. Here are her stats:
Weight: 18 lb 3 oz, 34th percentile
Height: 28 inches, 75th percentile
Head: 44 cm, 70th percentile

Here are some things she's actually doing:

  • Scoots, rolls, and army crawls like crazy. She's pretty quick at it too.
  • Sleeps around 11-12 hours at night and takes 2 naps
  • Recognizes the signs for "milk" and "more"
  • Sometimes does the sign for "milk"
  • Babbles "da-da-da" and "ba-ba-ba"
  • Loves to stand and holds herself up against furniture and will even take a few steps
  • She's pulled herself up a handful of times
  • Can watch a Baby Einstein video for 40 minutes straight without moving a muscle (I try not to take advantage of this very convenient fact)
  • Loves eating and has no preference for any foods
  • Can pick up small bits of food and feed herself
  • Plays Peek-A-Boo
  • No teeth yet
  • Really loves baths and loves to play with her rubber ducky
She's a doll and we love her to the moon and back.






in the Baby Einstein zone

6 comments:

Jill Elizabeth said...

She is gorgeous! I love that she doesn't stick to boring baby words, too. So clever!

Kristy Skoy said...

WOW! You have a genious! I believed you until you said congegated verbs. But really wow! She sits in front of the TV! I WISH Logan would do that!!

Alicia said...

You crack me up. I hope your reference to "other people's blogs" was not for me. And even if it was, that's okay, because every mother thinks her kid is a genius. And we should, because we are the teachers! Joci is adorable.

Jamie Boyd said...

I was laughing so hard for that first part. I'm glad we already had talked about that or Jackson would have gotten in trouble for not being able to say purple or squash. He did just say "bath" today for the first time.

Mom on the Go said...

Whatever she is doing is perfect for her! I love the baby legs by the way. I need to get some baby einstein videos and try them with Sophie!

Hays Family said...

She sits up so straight. She is growing so fast and I need to get up to Idaho to see her and you as well. I miss you guys.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here