- She's a walking fool and tries to do summersaults
- She says seventeen words including "squash" "bath" and "purple"
- She likes to sort her toys into little lines by size and by color
- She just started singing her ABC's but she forgets G all the time
- She has just started to sign full sentences. We're working on conjugating verbs
- She does all the actions to Patty Cake
Okay, so I'm totally kidding. She doesn't do any of those things. Doesn't it always seem like when you're reading about other's people's babies on their blogs that their babies seem to be doing much cooler things than your kid? So I just had to poke fun at that.
We had her 9 month appointment yesterday. Here are her stats:
Weight: 18 lb 3 oz, 34th percentile
Height: 28 inches, 75th percentile
Head: 44 cm, 70th percentile
Here are some things she's actually doing:
- Scoots, rolls, and army crawls like crazy. She's pretty quick at it too.
- Sleeps around 11-12 hours at night and takes 2 naps
- Recognizes the signs for "milk" and "more"
- Sometimes does the sign for "milk"
- Babbles "da-da-da" and "ba-ba-ba"
- Loves to stand and holds herself up against furniture and will even take a few steps
- She's pulled herself up a handful of times
- Can watch a Baby Einstein video for 40 minutes straight without moving a muscle (I try not to take advantage of this very convenient fact)
- Loves eating and has no preference for any foods
- Can pick up small bits of food and feed herself
- Plays Peek-A-Boo
- No teeth yet
- Really loves baths and loves to play with her rubber ducky
in the Baby Einstein zone