Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Car Trouble

Justin's Mustang needs a new transmission.

Grumble, grumble, grumble.

It's at the "doctor's office" right now and we'll get the full diagnosis sometime later today. But I have a feeling that we'll just have to pull the plug on this one. A new transmission will probably cost what we paid for the car and it has other problems anyway, so I doubt it will be worth it to save the Mustang.

It's so annoying. That car was paid off. We make it a point to only have one car payment at a time. And now, thanks to the stupid government's stupid Cash for Clunkers deal, the market for used cars is very limited and prices are higher than before.

It's really a pain to try to be a one car family. Justin commutes to two different towns for his job, and works about 2-3 hours later than me. Normally I'd just hang at work until he could get me, but that doesn't work with daycare's schedule and Joci's needs.

Grumble, grumble, grumble.

Stupid transmission.

5 comments:

Doctor O said...

I just spend $3000 on a new transmission, so I feel your pain. By the way, our van cost $2000, so actually the new transmission cost us more.

Maybe you should take up a collection. I'll pledge $200 right now. It might cost you less in the long-run to fix the transmission.

Doctor O said...

Oh, and by "spend" I mean that I still have to pay for it. I haven't got the bill yet, so the grammar in my last comment was impeccable.

Jessica said...

That's stinky. Can we grumble together? I threw away an envelope with $300 last week. Stinky. Oh well...such is life.

Melissa Giles said...

My car has been having issues lately too! Oil leaks, plastic coming off and dragging on the ground, power steering line leaking... will it ever end? I think this is my punishment for giving Briant such a hard time about his car last year.

Liz Smith said...

Ugh...that is annoying!! car trouble is never good and it's such a sinkhole for money. i hope you get it all figured out. :(

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here