Thursday, February 11, 2010

Isn't She Officially Mine Already?

2 days old

When Jocelyn was born, the hospital offered photography service (more like a vendor the hospital used). We had her pictures taken when she was two days old. The pictures are expensive and not the greatest quality/variety, but I knew I'd regret it if I didn't order them.

So I finally decided I had enough pocket change saved up to splurge and buy Jocelyn's hospital pictures. They're only available for a year and she's almost ten months. No time to spare!

I went online and placed the order and paid the fees.

And I waited, anxiously checking my mailbox for the pictures.

What I got was a letter. Saying that because this was an adoption scenario, I would have to prove that I had a right to own these pictures. The photography company needs a letter from my adoption agency or my lawyer.

I'm slightly annoyed. I mean, I get it, I do, but enough already! We've finalized it! We are a forever family! You already took my money! Just send me the dang pictures!!!

I feel like a dog in a circus. Hoop after hoop after hoop to jump through. But I'll do it. It's worth it. And most times I don't find it annoying. Just this time.

On a more pleasant note, we got an email from Jocelyn's birth dad today. Although we write letters every couple of weeks, we don't often hear back. It's nice to hear from him and get updates. And I think it's so cool that we have such an involved, positive birth dad. Seriously, we're kind of rare (and totally lucky) in that respect.

2 comments:

Jill Elizabeth said...

I had issues with the hospital photo people, too.
And having a good birth father experience? Practically unheard of!

Liz Smith said...

oh geez, that is ridiculous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here