Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sick Days

Yesterday Jocelyn got sent home from daycare with a fever. She has just been miserable. Not herself at all. She's coughing and hoarse. She's still feverish tonight and feeling grouchy. Another baby in her daycare center was sent home earlier this week with bronchiolitis. I think that she caught it. She had an ear infection last week so she's on antibiotics currently. Whatever she has must be viral and all the symptoms line up.

Sick baby days are frustrating. I love to just hold her and do what I can to comfort her. But I hate that I have so much going on at work that these sick days are putting me behind there. And I hate that my house looks like a tornado hit. You'd think that since I stayed home half of yesterday and all day today, I'd catch up on some housework. I did make dinner, so that's progress. :) But I guess when you have a sick baby that doesn't want a thing in the world but to be held, what else can you expect?

a picture from happier/healthier times



2 comments:

Jill Elizabeth said...

Aw, poor Joci. There's nothing sadder than a sick baby. I hope she gets better soon!

Liz Smith said...

poor little thing. i hope she feels better soon!!! and that you don't catch it. :(

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here