Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tag - 35 Realizations

Just a mindless tag post. I'm not tagging anyone else, but if you want, copy this into a post with your own answers and then leave me a comment so I can be sure to check it out.

1. I've come to realize that my chest-size ... is just right.

2. I've come to realize that my job...is a lot more fun and rewarding than I expected. I really feel that God led me to this job. Without it, I wouldn’t have met a very influential adoptive mother and other ladies dealing with infertility. I wouldn’t have gotten the recommendation to use the adoption agency we used. So I might not have my daughter now. I wouldn’t have had the special support they gave me through the adoption. I wouldn’t have gotten the idea for my novel during a boring business meeting. I would’ve never written it. I wouldn’t have gotten this freelance gig. I probably wouldn’t be forced by an insurance company to have a yearly physical – and we might not have discovered Justin’s critically high cholesterol levels. It’s blessed us in a lot of ways and I am grateful for it every day. Sometimes I feel guilty loving it so much.

3. I've come to realize that when I'm driving... I always need sunglasses and music.

4. I've come to realize that I need.... at least a couple hours of alone time every week.

5. I've come to realize that I have lost... a lot of my fear about life. It’s a good loss.

6. I've come to realize that I hate it when...the tap water I’m washing my hands in is FREEZING cold.

7. I've come to realize that if I'm drunk.........(never been drunk)

8. I've come to realize that money... shouldn’t be so taboo. I think the secrecy causes a lot of problems. If you ask, I’ll tell you how much I make, how much debt I have, how much I paid for my house, how much I allot to my 401K, etc. (Although I can’t tell you how much I make if I work with you—company policy. See? Such secrecy!)

9. I've come to realize that certain people... take a little longer for me to like.

10. I've come to realize that I'll always ... think I’m a teenager.

11. I've come to realize that my sibling(s)... are my dearest friends and partners in crime. We have just as much fun as adults as we did when we were little. I miss them all so much.

12. I've come to realize that my mom... is the best person I know. More and more I am grateful for her open mind, her ability to comfort, her ability to listen without judgment or choosing sides, her ability to always be positive, her ability to always be true to herself, and her ability to serve.

13. I've come to realize that my cell phone... is not as bad as everyone keeps saying. It’s just a phone. I don’t need a mini-robot living in my pocket 24-7.

14. I've come to realize that when I woke up this morning...I felt lonely because I got up earlier than usual and the house was so quiet.

15. I've come to realize that last night before I went to sleep... that both of us handled this transmission surprise rather maturely and calmly.

16. I've come to realize that right now I am thinking... whether or not I can finish this before Joci can no longer entertain herself by pulling diapers out of her caddy.

17. I've come to realize that my dad... is one of the last true gentlemen on the planet. He’s truly a dying breed and it’s a travesty. He has such respect and honor for everyone. Such manners. Such savior faire. I wish more men carried an actual cloth handkerchief at all times. His love is so pure and deep. Love him.

18. I've come to realize that when I get on Facebook...I get instantly annoyed with people inviting me to farm or be in the mafia or whatever.

19. I've come to realize that today... I have good friends and family members I can rely on in a bind. Like not having a car. Today I’ve also realized how important it is to make someone feel good on their birthday.

20. I've come to realize that tonight... I’ll be having cold cereal for dinner when I’m done typing this.

21. I've come to realize that tomorrow... I need to wash underwear or I’ll be going commando on Thursday.

23. I've come to realize that the person who is most likely to re-post this is... I’m gonna say Jamie to hopefully guilt her into it.

24. I've come to realize that life...usually meets your expectations.

25. I've come to realize that this weekend... will be a good weekend to work.

26. I've come to realize that marriage... is so simple and so hard simultaneously. But I love it and it’s the best thing I ever did.

27. I've come to realize that my (close) friends... are many. They’re awesome. They don’t forget. They still ask, still wonder, still cheer, still cry, and still care. And they’re never lost forever.

28. I've come to realize that this year... is already so much better than last year.

29. I've come to realize that my ex … boyfriends are all pretty good guys. I think I have good taste.

30. I've come to realize that maybe I should... wash underwear tonight…just in case.

31. I've come to realize that I love... popcorn. I don’t care that it costs more than the movie. I want it. I always want it and I always regret it when I don’t get it. Microwave popcorn is not the same. So from now on, I’m just going to get it.

32. I've come to realize that I don't understand... why I am so blessed when others aren’t. I feel so guilty about this sometimes.

Also another realization I just came to as I checked my reflection in the mirror—I don’t understand why the expensive Elizabeth Arden makeup I got for Christmas smears, smudges, and fades way sooner than cheap Revlon stuff.

33. I've come to realize my past... is important and was fun, but it is the past and I need to leave it there to enjoy right now!

34. I've come to realize that parties... are better with dry ice.

35. I've come to realize that I'm totally terrified... of showering when Justin’s not home. I always hear someone walking in my house, and I’m sure they’re there to abduct my baby. I literally hear it every time. I call out. But no one’s there.


6 comments:

Jamie Boyd said...

This might be long, but I owe you for the long comment you left the other day, which I loved :)

First, you should know that you can't guilt me into anything. I'm not a guilty person. Plus this is a long tag. If it were shorter, I might have, but I probably won't do this one.

Also, shouldn't #2 have had some sappy line about all the amazing friends you meet there.

And finally, I really miss you.

Jessica said...

Ah...I was just going to write how much I missed you Lara, but now I get to write how much I miss both you and Jamie. I can't imagine finding better women to work with! And am totally missing lunches at the Drip (and Mick's)!

Liz Smith said...

amen on the annoying facebook invites! i hate those! and i TOTALLY know what you mean about the shower! i always hear things in there too....or when i'm up late at night. i've tried to convince jared our house is haunted and he just laughs at me. :P

Alicia said...

#35--so the other day I was showering and I heard that same noise...so I finished up, grabbed my towel and my husband walked in! Scared me half to death. He never comes home during the day and this was a super big surprise. I told him to never do it again because he scared me so badly.

Amen to the annoying Facebook things.

Jamie Boyd said...

Also we have very specific rules about shower arrivals. If Tyler ever comes home and here's the shower running, he has to slowly make his way towards the bathroom yelling "It's Tyler. It's Tyler. It's Tyler" so that I hear him and his voice before I hear anything else, and I know he's home before I come out.

tisa said...

o.k. I officially feel totally unloved. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here