Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Today, I Woke Up To...

A very flat tire.

I noticed it right when I opened the door to the garage while rushing out to work. I was in denial. I closed the door and opened it again thinking it would magically be gone.

Justin was already gone for the day. So what's a girl to do? Pull out the jack and get started. Luckily, my husband and father and brothers have made sure I know how to take care of myself in such a situation.

I took this picture half-way through jacking up the car.

And while I have a full knowledge of how to change a tire, having the strength to loosen the lug nuts is an entire matter altogether. I pushed and pulled as hard as my 115 lb (okay, 120 lb) frame would allow. I stood on the wrench and jumped on it with my full weight.

Wouldn't budge.

All the neighborhood men were at work. I wasn't sure what I was going to do.

But today was Wednesday. Garbage day. And our lovely sanitation worker Toby saw me struggling in my driveway and without saying a word, he hopped out of his truck and finished taking my tire off and putting the donut on.

Crazy way to start a day.

All I can say is that Toby is the answer to a prayer. The City of Shelley is getting a phone call tomorrow about him.

4 comments:

Liz Smith said...

awww...what a nice guy!!! im pretty sure our garbage men wouldn't be as helpful considering i dont even know their names.

now all i can think of is that i really should learn how to change a tire......

Jill Elizabeth said...

Hooray for Toby!

Lara said...

I didn't know his name until today. :)

Groff Family said...

So glad that he stopped to help you. You'll have to give him a big tip next Christmas.

Sorry about your flat tire. That sucks! I got one a few weeks ago in the parking lot of Aaron's work. We were about to go and change it when his co-workers laughed at us and said just call fleet services, they'll come and do it for you and they have high powered tools! So we did that. So glad that we didn't have to do it on our own, even though I do know how.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here