Sunday, March 21, 2010

Journal Jar: New Family Car

Do you remember your family getting a new piece of furniture, a new car or something similar when you were a child?


When I was in fourth grade, my parents ditched our old red station wagon for a sleek, maroon minivan with fake wood stripes down the sides. I think it was a Plymouth. It was fantastic. The first few nights we had it, my sister Julie and I insisted sleeping in it, which we were allowed to do.

We played "dentist" in the driver's and passenger's chairs. They were the only motorized chairs we'd ever been in except at the dentist's office. It was so great to have an entire bench to ourselves.

Sometimes, we'd hop in the back of the minivan and crouch on our haunches, balancing on our toes. We'd hold onto the flap of vinyl that hung down from the bottom of the seat kind of like a ruffle. Then as Mom would drive, we'd sway side to side and we felt like we were skiing or something.

Our minivan was totally cool. I know I loved it!


1 comment:

Orange Juice said...

That is so funny. Stories like these make me wish I had a sister...at least ive got two little girls...We are addicted to Coin Laundry too. come and listen whenever u please, I know we will be too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here