I suppose I'll give you a brief glimpse to whet your whistle.
Chances are, you know someone who is infertile. It is a painful situation and as a society we are woefully uninformed about how to support our infertile loved ones.
Here are 11 "don'ts" to avoid as you support your loved ones.
- Don't Tell Them to Relax
- Don't Minimize the Problem
- Don't Say There Are Worse Things That Could Happen
- Don't Say They Aren't Meant to Be Parents
- Don't Play Doctor
- Don't Be Crude
- Don't Complain About Your Pregnancy
- Don't Treat Them Like They Are Ignorant
- Don't Gossip About Your Friend's Condition
- Don't Push Adoption (Yet)
Take a look at Mrs. R's blog and read the summary she's posted there. It's a really incredible article and Mrs. R is a really incredible lady. You'll be glad you popped by.
(Also, she's doing a lot of great guest bloggers and other specials for National Infertility Week. If this stuff interests you, I definitely recommend following her this week.)