Monday, April 12, 2010

How We Were Matched - Part III The Final Installment

See Part I here.
See Part II here.

In our hearts, we knew this was it. There was no fear and no trepidation. We felt completely at peace in our excitement. No nervousness! Well, we were nervous about being parents in six weeks, but we weren’t nervous about the placement falling through. We just knew.


And so we made the announcement on the blog. On April Fool’s Day. Just for fun. J

The next day at work, it was one of those goof-off days when everyone was rowdy and having a good time. No one working too hard or taking themselves too seriously. People were talking about what fun things they had planned for the weekend. I couldn’t help myself. I busted into the conversation and blurted, “Is this an okay time to tell everyone that I’m getting a baby?”

Everyone cheered and congratulated me. And then a designer named Kari asked, “Do you know what it is?”

“A girl,” I replied without even thinking.

Justin and I hadn’t even officially decided yet! Crap! What was I thinking??!!

But I just knew the little girl on the other side of the state was our baby. Not because she was a girl. Not because she was closer. She was ours. We didn’t pick her. Heavenly Father had picked her. For us. And I just knew it.

When I got home from work, I asked Justin how he felt about the situations. Like me, he just knew that the baby girl was our baby. We called Claire and told her our decision. We worried for the girl in Alabama but knew she would find the right family for her son.

Then we officially announced the news.

We were getting a baby girl from Boise, Idaho. Due May 8th, but with a c-section scheduled for April 28th. And then we pulled out our wallets and went shopping for all things pink!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

*sigh* love this! that frantic shopping trip is soooo weird!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here