Monday, May 17, 2010

I'm Spending All My Fun Points

Don't give me credit for discovering this universal truth. I heard it from somewhere else, but I don't remember where, so I can't give proper credit. But it is an important cosmic piece to life's happiness.

Fun points.

Each day has an allotted amount.

Spend them as you will.

But if you don't get "rollover" fun points. Once the day has past, if you haven't spent all your fun points, they're gone forever.

But if you're having such a great time you use them all up, don't worry. You can spend fun points from tomorrow.

And therein lies the problem.

If you spend tomorrow's fun points today, tomorrow ain't gonna be any fun. Case in point - the hangover. Or even just that headache and fatigue from staying up too late the night before (you know, if you live in a dry house like me and don't really have to worry about the alcoholic hangover).

I should be sleeping right now. But instead, I am up playing video games and watching reruns of How I Met Your Mother. And I'm spending tomorrow's fun points. When the alarm goes off, I won't be happy. I know tomorrow is going to be a rocky day. My baby girl has had a high fever (103+) all day today and  I think daycare's out of the question tomorrow. So I will have to miss work. And I have two ginormous projects due this week. And I'm kinda single-mothering it for the next few days. This week wasn't going to be a ton of fun anyway, and here I go, spending the few fun points it may have had up front.

Oh well. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad Grandma is not a little closer - I would help out. How is Joci doing now? Some reason I thought that you were going with Justin - maybe because it was Boise. I don't know what I was thinking exactly. Remember, not to miss your fun points for the day - as you said you can't get them back and I doubt that you have used them all up. Have a good one.
Grandma Z

THE RIDDLES said...

I have been thinking about this so much since I read this post. I am very guilty of wasting probably at least half of my fun points alloted for the day. I need to be less strict with my kids and feel less guilty when we spend the day having fun! Thank you for writing about this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here