Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Is This the Rat Race Everyone Warned Me About?

Yesterday, something dawned on me.



I was in my friend/coworker's car coming back from a friend/coworker's birthday fiesta at a fun Mexican restaurant


and five of us girls were blasting the Glee soundtrack and singing "Don't Stop Believin'" at the top of our lungs and racing our boss to a parking spot which we totally got.


Then I went back to my desk and wrote a fun article on how we (adults, especially adult women) can help teenage girls have more confidence in their natural beauty. Next, my next-cube-neighbor posed her wooden figurine in front me to make it look like my hair belonged to it and took silly pictures.



And then we broke out some astronaut ice cream and had freeze dried Neopolitan awesomeness.



And I thought...am I really an adult? Do I really get paid for this? It was almost like a high school flashback. Cruising and jamming and then writing some fun essay for English.

I love my job. I have so much fun there in so many ways. Is this the "real world" everyone warned me about? If so, it's totally underrated. Life can be good. Don't stop believin'. :P

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Gotta love it! Miss you!

Groff Family said...

Count yourself lucky! Aaron was in the real-deal rat race when he worked for Deloitte. Talk about miserable.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here