Monday, August 9, 2010

When I Grow Up...

Things I wanted to be (and not just passing fantasy...actual careers I researched and more or less took steps toward).



Dan Rather (never just a news anchor. I specifically wanted to be Dan Rather.)



A teacher



A wedding planner



A psychologist



A writer/novelist


A music video director



A photographer


 A Peace Corps worker



Not doing the last one is one of my biggest regrets. There is still time for the rest. That's probably why I feel that way. 


What did you want to be?

4 comments:

Just Us said...

I know that you can't be a Peace Corps worker, but you can serve a welfare mission, and that would amount to pretty much the same thing, only better.I served my mission in Guatemala, and often had neighbors from the Peace Corps, and I have to tell ya, it isn't all that it is cracked up to be! I think a Service/Welfare mission with your spouse would be a much better way to go!

Lara said...

Yes, I've thought about welfare missions and that is something I hope is in my future. There are also shorter programs that you can go on with your family for a summer.

The thing with the Peace Corps...it's free and actually reduces student loans...so that' would've been a definite win-win financially speaking. :)

Liz Smith said...

hahaha...with the exception of dan rather and the music video director, all your other ones are/or at one point were on my list. (i knew i liked you for reason.) :) i would add lawyer, mother, and world traveler. :)

Rachel said...

I've salved my own Peace Corps regrets with the following quote from their website:

"There is no upper age limit. In fact, the oldest Volunteer ever to serve in the Peace Corps was 86."

Viva la Peace Corps!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here