Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sweet Sunday

Justin and I were recently released from our church calling as Sunday School teachers. In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (sometimes known as LDS or Mormon), each ward (or congregation) runs on volunteer effort. So we were asked to teach Sunday school to the 12-13 year old age group in our ward.

I have been doing this for about 3 years. Justin joined me for the past 9 months. It was fun but a big responsibility to be prepared with a creative lesson every week. Plus, 12 year olds ask the worst/best questions. If you think you have prepared for everything, just wait until a 12 year old gets to dissect you. :)

Today, instead of teaching others, we were able to go to adult Sunday School and be taught. And more than that, (drum-roll, please), we took Joci to nursery today for the first time. Usually church involves a 3 hours of chasing/wrestling/entertaining/negotiating/begging with our one and a half year old. She fit right in with our class of tween kids, but it was mighty difficult to move onto adult Sunday school with that. Anyway, she's 17 months. Normally, kids go to nursery at 18 months, but I thought I would give it a try just a little early. She did great. I attribute it to daycare. She's used to playing with other kids and doesn't panic too much when Mom's not around (how sad is that).

I thoroughly enjoyed being taught. My spirit was fed. My faith was strengthened. I remember why Sundays can be so great!

Plus, it was SO FUN to pick a happy girl up from nursery and see the little craft she'd made.


I hope you all had as great a Sunday as I did.

3 comments:

Jamie Boyd said...

Way to go, TAMN, on taking her early. :) just kidding, of course. I'm glad she enjoyed it.

Melanie Cruz said...

She was so happy in there! She even sat with me while I read her books. What a sweet little girl! I'm so excited that she is in nursery now. But not as excited as you guys will be!

Beckie said...

OOh wow - were our Sundays different! Uhg-- I can't wait till they'll let Porter go to Nursery -- I just got put in as chorister for Relief Society -- ugh-- and Chet works 90% of Sundays-- Soo guess what-- I'm on my own with the monster-- who is not used to me not being around-- and wants nothing to do with others-- itw as a disaster-- to say the least- I was stressing so much I started to cry at 11:30 half way through sacrament meeting-- it hadn't even got hard yet@

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here