Friday, October 1, 2010

Pre-Weekend Update of Random Things

Tomorrow, our little family is taking off work/daycare (which is Joci's official job, lol) early and going to Wyoming. We will spend a night with Justin's parents and leave Joci there - gasp! - while Justin and I head into Yellowstone Park and attempt some hiking, then we'll spend the night in a hotel in the park. Without Joci. Double gasp! I am filled with a strange mix of anxiety, regret, and excitement. Let's be clear about that last one. I am not excited about being without Joci. I *never* am. When Joci was a newborn, plenty of people told me about the not-far-off day when I would be longing to pawn her off to anybody. I have yet to reach that point. I kinda doubt I ever will. Sorry, that was a tangent. I am excited to have some unrushed time in the park. It's mating season for the elk right now and hopefully we'll be able to witness some awesome fighting and bugling. I am excited for hikes to remote waterfalls. These are things we could not do easily with Joci. I am excited for her grandparents who are VERY excited to have her all to themselves. But really, if it were logical, she'd be coming with us. It's gonna be very weird without her.

Also, for the record, I wanted to say that Joci's interactions with the Ziploc bags were not a fluke. She's done it again. And again. And again. Now, every time she comes into the kitchen, she has to open that one cupboard, remove all the boxes of baggies and hand them to me. Usually while I am cooking and my hands are covered in raw chicken goop. And then she leaves and does something else. I got what I asked for. And she's pushing it. :)

I haven't gone to bed once before midnight this week. Stupid.

I forgot to set my alarm last night and woke up late this morning. Also, the cat puked all throughout my hallway. Very dark and pigmented puke. And I ran out of carpet cleaner. I was about two hours late to work.

I am training for a 5k. I ran a mile this week. I don't think I've ever done that. I got expert tips from my runner friend and they totally worked. I am proud of what I have done so far.

I bought a loaf of banana bread at the monthly daycare treat fundraiser. I've had new neighbors for several weeks. I am going to greet them with this homemade loaf of banana bread. They'll probably assume I made it. Which is exactly what I am going for.

I began my low-carb diet this week. My body responds really well to that. I've kinda gotten sloppy with eating and such this year. And my hips are proof. I've already lost 3 pounds.

We are more than halfway to our Total Money Makeover Baby Step 1 goal. I have hung up a savings thermometer on our door so we can see how close we are to our goal every time we leave the house. We're definitely going to make our goal.

Tonight as Justin and I were sitting in the living room chatting after Joci was asleep, my darling cat Gabby jumped in through the open window (a normal occurrence) but when she sauntered down the hallway, I screamed as I saw the present she left behind at our feet - a freshly killed mouse! She's good at pest control. Our front stoop is littered with half-eaten grasshoppers. And the head and top torso of a mouse. Sorry to my home teachers who walked past it the other day. I've heard it means your pet loves you if they bring you their trophies. I love you too, Gabby, but leave the mice outside.

I *loved* the episode of Community tonight. Sheer hilarity.

I feel like we need a picture. So here's something from our last drive through Yellowstone.



3 comments:

Jessica said...

Take some pics of these remote waterfalls for me...i'm so jealous! I love the park this time of year. And just remember how excited you'll be to see your little lady when you get back...it'll all be worth it!

Liz Smith said...

i hear moms ALL the time complain about how much they want to ditch their kids. It drives me absolutely BANANAS!! I mean, i guess i can understand once in a while, but there are some women that complain about it alllll the time. I am so glad you are not one of those, and are the complete opposite. :) have fun on your weekend with your hubby though! you guys are going to have so much fun. plus, before you know it, joci will be old enough to enjoy those hikes too. although, you may not be as excited for her to get that big yet. :) and way to go on running! i'm like you, i have a real hard time running. i can run a mile, but it's hard. im determined to do better. good luck with your 5K! :)

Melissa said...

I hear your pain about kittie "love"! We have two cats, live in tho boonies, and have an abundance of prey for the cats! Our house is not sealed very well so as it is getting colder, the mice are coming in ALIVE and being thrown out DEAD after our cats finish torturing them. It is to the point that every morning, we turn on the lights and look before we step. I am so scared I will step on a dead mouse! We have had a mole, 2 bottom halves of bunnies, and more mice than I can count! I am richly blessed according to the cats! LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here