Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day

October 15 was Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. (I know. I'm late.)

For those who have lost a pregnancy or an infant, my heart hurts for you. There are too many women who face this pain. Often, they suffer alone in silence.

When it comes to miscarriage, stillbirth, and ectopic pregnancies, mothers are "consoled" with comments of "there must've been something wrong" or "nature takes care of its mistakes" or "at least you didn't know your baby" or "at least it wasn't older."

Those children never leave us. They will always be part of our families and our hearts. While I am late in honoring the official day of remembrance, tonight I will light a candle for those mothers who mourn and remember the children they dearly love but never got to hold.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here