Friday, October 8, 2010

Pumpkin Soup

Doesn't this look delicious?

It wasn't too labor intensive. However, since I detest hollowing out pumpkins for carving for Halloween, I don't know why I thought hollowing out two tiny baking pumpkins was a good idea. Other than that, I cut up the pumpkin, boiled for maybe 15 minutes, then scooped the meat into a blender. Added some cream, some chicken broth, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Voila!

Doesn't it look darling and like wonderful autumnal comfort food? In my carb-infested fantasy (remember, I'm on a no-carb kick at the moment), I would serve it with freshly fried scones. Mmmmm....



It was gross. We will not be making this again.

6 comments:

mom2jjk said...

Ha Ha! You make me LAUGH!

Ashley said...

This is great. I love your honesty. And it makes my pumpkin post look trite and contrived. :D

Liz Smith said...

hahahaha!....oh how you crack me up. :) thanks for the good laugh. :D

Jessica said...

Oh sad...I hate when you spend time on something and then it turns out nasty. But you do get points for trying to be healthy!

Groff Family said...

So funny. Is that the recipe that I posted on our recipe blog? It sounds pretty similar. But I LOVE it. If it isn't, then try the one I posted. THen again, maybe you just don't care for pumpking soup and it wouldn't matter what recipe you try. Sorry that you hated it. That sucks when you spend time on a meal only to hate it. It happens to me at least twice weekly. :)

Just Us said...

Ha Ha, that's so funny! That's why I buy mine from the store. The organic boxed stuff is yummy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here