Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Dilemma of Being Sick

I am sick. Miserably, horribly, undeniably sick. Fever. Aching all over. Pounding head. Chills. Raw, sore throat. Swollen glands. I hope it is not strep.

I have been up for about three hours because I am in so much pain. Aren't you supposed to sleep more when you are sick?

There are certain dilemmas that happen when you are sick. There's always this will to conserve energy and hold still, and then there is the logic of doing something that will actually help. I have been sitting here for about an hour trying to convince myself to brush my teeth and put in my contacts. I know I will feel better about myself if I brush my teeth and I know that my headache will only get worse if I don't put my contacts in. But I am so wary of leaving my easy-chair+laptop+television remote bastion that it is going to take a lot of convincing for me to do either of those things.

It took me over an hour to convince myself to get some acetaminophen.

Being sick as an adult sucks. No one ever takes care of you and you still have certain responsibilities. I miss my mommy.

2 comments:

Mom on the Go said...

No, being sick as a mom sucks. You still have to clean, cook and take care of the kids. When the guys are sick they take the day off work and their wife takes care of them. Hope you get better soon!

Jessica said...

So sorry you're sick...hope you at least got a good nap in!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here