Saturday, November 20, 2010

Walk with Gratitude days 19 and 20

I had a busy day yesterday - I went straight from work to volunteer at the Festival of Trees, plus I am still feeling yucky, so I didn't get a chance to write. I am sure you didn't mind a break from my constant babblings, right?


Yesterday, being inspired by the Festival, I am grateful for communities and the collective generosity of people. Really, from all the volunteers workers to the performers to the donors to the community coming and paying exorbitant prices to view some trees and eat a piece of pie. Even in the midst of recession, so many people are so generous and truly care about their neighbors. I love that. I am grateful for the spirit of giving.


Grandpa with two of his granddaughters

Today, I am grateful for my dad. It's his birthday today! The night before I went to college, my dad took me outside and pointed at the moon. He told me that whenever I saw the moon, to think of him, because he would be looking at it and thinking of me. I still think of my dad when I look at the moon and I miss him. I am so excited that my parents are coming for Thanksgiving this year. My dad is funny, intelligent, classy, put together, compassionate, the hardest worker I know, and a true gentleman. I love him with all my heart and I am so grateful for him and his influence on my life.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here