Monday, November 1, 2010

Walk With Gratitude

November is a time of thanksgiving. Not just because of the holiday. I think the feeling comes naturally with the season of harvest and the beginning of the Christmas holiday. I have always tried to be grateful for all I have. But I don't always express it. William Arthur Ward said that "feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it."

Like many bloggers, I am challenging myself to blog every single day in November and express my gratitude. I invite you all to do the same - whether it's on your blog, in a journal, in a prayer, or just on a sheet of paper.



Speaking of gratitude...I don't think it's mere coincidence that National Adoption Month is in November. Last year, I took The R House challenge and blogged about adoption every day of the month. I am so grateful for adoption and I really believe it is important to continue to spread the exposure of healthy, happy, good adoptions (especially open adoption - something else I am eternally grateful for!) so I will blog a bit about adoption every day as well.

I promise to keep the posts short and sweet!

Unlike today's.

So to kick it off...in no particular order...

Walk With Gratitude Day 1
Today I want to express my gratitude for my parents-in-law. They are both super cool people. I love them both dearly. I am grateful for their example of a loving marriage, their guidance and wisdom as parents, and how much fun they are as grandparents. I consider myself lucky that I don't have all the infamous in-law issues. I am blessed to have them in my life.

National Adoption Awareness Month Day 1
The other day, I was tickling Jocelyn on the floor. The angle I was at and the expression on her face when she was laughing...it took my breath away because she looked exactly like her biological sister. They definitely share similarities, but this was the first time that they  looked identical. It was insane. I am grateful for open adoption because of this moment. Because I know about Jocelyn's biological siblings and biological parents and because I will be able to share these things with her someday.



P.S. Look at this really cute blog button I just whipped up.* Feel free to steal it and do a gratitude post every day (or as often as you can!) this month.



*spent the last 40 minutes on and in a fit of frustration called it good enough while hoping its terrible execution will be found somewhat shabby chic and charming.

2 comments:

UK Yankee said...

Beautiful post!

I'm going to steal your button, if that's ok, because I want to blog more about gratitude in general, and especially this month. (I think it's adorable, BTW!! Very shabby chic!)

Anonymous said...

Lara,
Such sweet words - thanks and we feel the same about you.

Love,

Z

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here