Thursday, November 4, 2010

Walk with Gratitude Day 4



I am grateful for baby wipes. How in the world would you deal with a blowout without them?




I don't exactly remember the first time I heard this song. I was young, though. It came on the radio during the Sunday music program. I loved it instantly. As a teenager, I bought the album. This song always caught my heart and made me cry. I didn't know back then that there would be a brave birth mother in the future going through these same emotions who would make me a mother. I still cry when I hear it.

The song is called "From God's Arms to My Arms to Yours." It is written by Michael McLean (and this video shows him performing it, though I am used to a female artist) and tells about adoption from the perspective of a courageous birth mother.



Michael McLean has written songs from all angles of the adoption triad. This one was the first, but he followed it with a song from the adoptive parents' perspective, and then a song from the adopted child's perspective.

When we were paper pregnant, my mother attended a concert of Mr. McLean's. She pushed her way to him after the show and told him that her daughter was waiting to adopt and would he take some pass-along cards because he probably had several connections with fans who heard his music and were moved to consider adoption. He declined at first, saying this wasn't something he did. But if you know my mom, she doesn't take no for an answer very easily. She persisted and Mr. McLean accepted the cards. I don't know if anything every came from that transaction, but I think it's pretty cool anyway.

4 comments:

Candise said...

I am enjoying your adoption posts...heck...I enjoy all your posts! I am a classic lurker.

However, tonight I can't resist a comment. The word isn't "officially" out, but it will be very soon. Michael McLean coming to a town near you for an adoption fireside - soon! I am so excited. You may want to leave November 28 open!

Haylee said...

Another LDS songwriter has an adoption song. Maybe you've heard it too. It's a favorite of mine and always makes me cry. Cherie Call -- Delivery

Mom on the Go said...

That song always makes me cry, but I love it! Now that I know you guys it has special meaning. Thanks.

Faye Hayes said...

That is a great song. I need to pass it on to my sister-in-law who has been trying for almost 10 yrs to have her own kids. It was so hard for her when she saw me pregnant the 1st time. I felt so bad for her, and it was hard for me to not show my joy of every new little thing I felt. But she has been blessed greatly. They adopted a baby boy, who is turning 5 this month. They still kept on trying, wanting to give him a sibling. Last year still with no luck they decided to go for adoption again. This time they heard about a family of kids that their mom abandoned them and their father had to many health problems that he couldn't take care of them. They decided to adopt ALL 6 of them! ages 4 to 13, 4 girls, 2 boys. In the year that I have known these kids they have grown alot and you can tell that they are now getting the love that they have craved for so badly. I believe that child was ment to be yours, she just had to come to you in a diffrent way.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here