Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Nibble, Nibble Like a Mouse

Here is our darling gingerbread house!

This is our tenth Christmas together. I think we have wanted to do a gingerbread house for the past nine Christmases. We finally got around to it.

Here is the recipe for the gingerbread. The shapes are the same I have used since I was a little girl.





 Then we made royal icing. I didn't have meringue powder and since we weren't really gonna eat the house, I used egg whites.


 To make things easy, instead of using frosting bags, I just spooned the frosting into a Ziploc bag and snipped off the corner.


 "Gluing" the pieces of the house together.

Thank goodness for bulk candy. We have tons left over!


Justin used small chocolate discs for the shingles on the roof. 

Lots of fun details. 


Ta-dah!



7 comments:

Shellie said...

Muy impressed! Good job :) I have a friend that makes gingerbread houses every year with her family then on new years day they light it on fire. She has 5 boys :)

UK Yankee said...

Oooh, how fun!! I love it!

Mom on the Go said...

Looks great!

Hays Family said...

I love it. You two did a wonderful job. It is so pretty and enticing to eat.

Jessica said...

So fun! It's all about the details!

Beckie said...

OOH you are brave-- I have never attempted to decorate a candy house- can't even decorate my own house!!!

Frederick Family said...

Too cute!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here