Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Tongue Lashings

I guess Joci is understanding the concept of consequences. How else can I explain lectures she's been giving everyone?

A few days ago when Grandma and Grandpa were here, Joci was sitting on Grandpa's lap at the table and as Grandpa was handing her off to her Daddy, she slipped a bit and bonked her face on the table. She instantly broke into anguished cries and her Daddy was hugging and comforting her. Joci stopped her crying just long enough to wag one finger and Grandpa and loudly shout "No, no, no, no, no!" Despite her mild injury, we all just laughed and laughed.

Then on Monday, the three of us were playing in the family room. I was playing with Joci's new doll and she didn't like whatever I was doing. She kept telling me "No" and taking it away from me. Because I thought that was funny, I kept getting the doll back and playing with it. After about four times of this, Joci walked up to Justin and tattled on me! She said, "Dada, Mama no no!"

We just giggled. Essentially it is her first official sentence (that she hasn't mimicked from us).

Joci will also wag her finger and tell off the dogs if they do something she thinks they shouldn't. She is very particular about how she wants things and she's not afraid to tell us.

I've got to say...there's nothing funnier than a tongue lashing from a one year old.

1 comment:

Beckie said...

Heheheh-- I love it!! The things they do are too funny! I can just see her doing it!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here