Thursday, January 20, 2011

Double Coupon Thursdays

I recently found out that my local grocery store Broulims doubles manufacturer's coupons up to $1.00 every Thursday. And there's no limit!

I basically went through my little coupon portfolio and found all the $1.00 coupons and pretty much used them all. I got a majority of things on sale too. I'm still new to this whole couponing thing, but I'm still pretty excited.

My total was $118.53. Sales knocked off $22.55 and coupons knocked off $30.00. I ended up paying $66.88. I saved a total of $52.55 or 44%. Not bad, especially for not having to drive twenty minutes to Walmart and brave the souless hordes that frequent there.

I think Thursday shopping trips are a new tradition.

5 comments:

Liz Smith said...

LOL..."souless hoards" i love it.

i really should get into couponing more. we spend way too much on groceries and most of the time, it feels like i didn't even buy anything!

Beckie said...

OOH nice to know!! Broulims is close!!

Stephanie May Anderson said...

Have I mentioned that I love your blog and I love your witty writing? Well I do. I also love love love your adoption story. It is so beautiful. I'm way in to hippie medicine and acupuncture and give my vote for you to continue your exploration of it as well!!!

Just Us said...

I totally agree with "soulless hoards!" In fact, we call Walmart the Great and Spacious building! We prefer Target for our giant store shopping needs.

Kristy Skoy said...

I so need to stalk on coupons for Broulims!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here