Saturday, January 22, 2011

Journal Jar: Superstitions

It's been awhile since I have done a journal jar post. Time to get on it. :)

What are some of the superstitions that you remember growing up with?



Superstitions from my childhood were mostly kid stuff. My siblings and I would hold our breath whenever we passed a cemetery. My mother thought it was so funny to drive very slowly so we were gasping for air by the time we could breathe again. Whenever we went under and underpass, we would close our eyes, plug our nose, adn hold our breath as if we were under water. When crossing a train track we either had to touch a screw or lift our feet and cross our fingers (I still do this!). We would also honk when we drove over a cattle guard to keep the trolls from slashing our tires.

Wow, lots of car stuff.

Let's see, what else?

This was more of a game than a superstition but after a bath, I would rush to get out of the bathroom before all the water drained out of the tub.

My sister Julie introduced me to the legend of Bloody Mary. To this day, I still cannot be in a dark bathroom.

Don't step on a crack or you'll break your mother's back. Who didn't do this as a child?

2 comments:

Kristy Skoy said...

I cant be in a dark bathroom either! LOL! The things we do to ourselves that lead us to need therapy!

Liz Smith said...

i still hold my breath and make a wish when i drive thru a long tunnel. so far i've gotten everything i've wished for so that must be why. haha! :P

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here