Wednesday, January 26, 2011

We're Off to See the Op'ra, the Wonderful Op'ra of Vegas



This June, Justin and I will celebrate our ten year anniversary (awww!). We decided to go see The Phantom of the Opera in Las Vegas.

I have seen Phantom as a girl in Salt Lake at the Capitol Theatre. Justin has never seen it, but is familiar with the music and story. Anyway, we are really excited to see the Vegas productions of it. We want excellent seats so we dropped some ka-ching and got seats in the best section. The website actually assigned us front row seats, which I feel are too close. So I called the box office to see if I could change seats, which I can. But now I am really conflicted about where to sit!



The section we are in is called the Golden Circle (click here for an interactive view). It has rows A-T. I was leaning for maybe E or something in that ballpark, but I asked the man on the phone at the box office what he recommended, because they often know. He recommended row P, which is actually the 14th row. He said that is where the chandelier falls down and we'd be right under it and see it all. Which is exciting...but maybe 20 seconds of the show. I still want to be able to clearly see the actors, see their expressions, costumes, etc. Do I trust the box office guy? Do I trust my blind inclinations to sit closer?

So my question is...have any of you seen Phantom in Vegas? Any ideas or advice? Where should we sit?

4 comments:

Liz Smith said...

i have seen phantom, but not in vegas. We saw it on broadway in NYC. We actually sat in the front row of the mezzanine section and LOVED it. We could see everything. However, if you want to see their expressions, you should definitely sit in the lower level. I actually think row 14 sounds good, but if you're nervous, which it sounds like you are, i would go for maybe row 7 or 8?? front row is def too close in my opinion. That's so exciting though! it's such a beautiful production. I mean, there's a reason that show has been playing for sooo many years! I can't wait to hear all about it and your vegas trip! :)

Beckie said...

OOh hooray for the OPera- I've never been to one- but Phantom is one I'd for sure like to see!!

So your accupuncture guy -- can I get his name, info, etc. -- I have a co-worker -- who I think accupuncture might work for her!!
You can email me- cobbap@ida.net

Anonymous said...

So does this mean that Grandma & Grandpa gets the pleasure of having little Joci for a couple of days.

Love, Grandma Z

Faye Hayes said...

We think somewhat alike. Our 10 yr Anniversary is in May and we are planning on going to Las Vegas to watch one of the shows.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here