Thursday, February 24, 2011

Infertility Never Leaves You - Just Ask Nicole Kidman

"Anyone that’s been in the place of wanting another child or wanting a child knows the disappointment, the pain and the loss that you go through trying and struggling with fertility." - Nicole Kidman



nicole kidman and keith urban at the 2011 golden globes

People.com posted an interview with Nicole Kidman regarding her fertility struggles.

I kind of love Nicole.

She has somehow discovered the fountain of youth. She seriously doesn't ever age!

She has impeccable style.

She is married to the sexiest guy in country music - maybe any music!

She is a mother to four great kids and her children came to her in different ways - adoption, biologically, and through a gestational surrogate.

She also reminds us all that even though you have children through whatever means (even biologically after a huge struggle) the pain of fertility never goes away. I am miraculously a mother through adoption. But there are days when my infertility hurts so bad that I still cry myself to sleep at night. Last night was one of those nights. The pain doesn't go away!

Check out her interview here. She has such emotion and love for the surrogate who carried her newest baby girl. It so reminds me of the love I have of Jocelyn's birth parents.

"Children are children — you’ll die for your children,” she says. “And when you feel that as a parent — that’s the unconditional love."

3 comments:

Stephanie May Anderson said...

you're amazing lara. I tried to comment on your post about the Biggest Loser post, amazing! I can't believe they are your neighbors. Very touching. I don't know how you do it, thanks for your thoughts about adoption and your journey. it's very eye opening!

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journal said...

It's so true, it never really leaves. Infertility is scarring. Thank you for the heads up on that interview!

Rachel said...

I wish I knew what to say, but I don't. So I'll just send you a hug! Squeeeeze.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here