Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Re-evaluating My Self-Value

One of the most magical thing about being a parent is experiencing the world through a new set of eyes. You get to experience the wonders of childhood again.

New discoveries I have made...

Being around people you love is all that matters.

Joci, Justin, cousins Paige, and Afton


Bad hair days, unfashionable clothes, stuff on your face have no affect on self-esteem.

uh-oh spaghettio!


Everything is better when you share it.



Materialistic stuff doesn't matter. A box, a used toy from a garage sale, or even a drawer full of towels can be way more fun than the fanciest, "hottest" toys.

Christmas morning


When you're helping you're happy.



Creating things has more satisfaction than almost anything.



Being outside refreshes the soul.




There is no such thing as too many hugs.



In all seriousness though, I am humbled daily to see how happy and confident Jocelyn is no matter what - when I don't do her hair, when she has stains all over her clothes, when her clothes don't match, when she has a blemish on her face...all things that would put a serious cramp in my self confidence. These daily lessens remind me that my true value does not lie in my beauty, in my wardrobe, in my bank account, or in my triumphs at work. My value comes from being a daughter of God and by helping and loving others.

Thank you, Jocelyn, for reminding me.

3 comments:

Liz Smith said...

i really loved that last paragraph. it's so true. it's important to be reminded of what really matters in life...and kids are such a great example to the rest of us. those are some great pics. she is so darling. :)

Stephanie May Anderson said...

I should read this everyday! Beautifully written, thanks for the reminder!

Jennie Smith said...

What a wonderful way to look at life! Thanks Lara!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here