This article really got me thinking about all the things I would be bummed out to miss. The article lists ten pop culture events the author doesn't want to miss out on. I agree with about half, including:
9. The Hobbit Movies: Damn you, production delays! These films could have been holiday favorites in 2009 and 2010 and we could be enjoying them on DVD as the world comes to an end.
7. Charlie Sheen 3.0: Oh, c'mon. Aren't you even a little curious to see what he does next?6. The Hunger Games Movies: All of those delicious casting stories. Now just teases.
5. Lindsay Lohan making a comeback for real: It could happen. Hey, you never know ... only now we might really never know.4. Suri Cruise as a teenager: Weren't you looking forward to her growing up? The fashions, the hairstyles ... but mostly the tell-all book and karmic payback to TomKat for all of those late nights out with no coat?
3. The Royal baby: No Kate Bumpwatch. No Duchess of Cambridge bridal shower photo gallery. No Royal Baby Name Generator.2. The 'Breaking Dawn' movies: We may never see Bella and Edward get it on on the big screen. Or see little Renesmee come to life! Thank goodness, we at least have leaked photos.
Okay, so the above stuff isn't mine...I just shout a big "AMEN!" of agreement with it. To add my own two cents, here are a few more things I would feel cheated about.
1. I've never been tan. I think I would look hot tan. But I avoid sun because of skin cancer, yadda yadda yadda. If it's all gonna end tomorrow, I regret not ever being a bronzed beauty.
2. My IRS tax audit. All that time and stress pulling together all the paperwork. Man, I would be MAD!
3. The final Harry Potter movie. Heaven wouldn't be heaven without a Harry Potter premiere party, right?
4. Dieting. Enough said.
5. Buying green beans and tuna fish at the case lot sale yesterday. Then again, if I am left behind, I'll probably be glad to have all that canned food.
6. I just started watching the series LOST. I will be seriously miffed if I never know why there are polar bears on that island!!!
On the flip side, I'm content that I haven't wasted time mowing my lawn. Sometimes procrastination really pays off.
What would you miss?
Happy end of the world, everyone!