Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Birth Mother's Day

Today is Birth Mother's Day. I have a lot I would like to say, but I am so sick (see previous post) that I know it will all come out wrong.

So I'll just stand on the shoulders of giants. Read these great posts here:

Birthmothers 4 adoption
The R House
Becoming Stefanie Despain

I know that some birth mother's are offended by the concept of birth mother's day. If any of you are reading this, please understand that I mean no offense and sincerely believe birth mom's deserve their own day to celebrate their bravery AND they deserve to celebrate Mother's Day too.

My love and respect for birth moms never ends!!!! If you know one, give her a hug and ask her how her child is. :)

3 comments:

Kristy Skoy said...

Thank you for this post! I love it! I think we need a big celebration for all Birth Mothers out there! The are so brave!

Ashley said...

I understand the annoyance when people substitute Birth Mother's Day for Mother's day. That annoys me too.

We celebrate both with Carri. My goal is to not TAKE Mother's day away from her but to give her an ADDITIONAL day. Just hers.

Love you!

Liz Smith said...

happy mothers day lara!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here