Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Success with 3 Day Potty Training

We survived our three days of potty training. More than that, I would say it was a success. We still have a bit of perfecting to do, but Joci is doing awesome!

We followed Lora Jensen's 3 Day Potty Training from this website. I would recommend it.

Saturday we got up, ate breakfast, and changed our last diaper. Joci put her new panties on and helped me throw all her diapers away (well, we only threw away the two that were in the changing station, the rest will be donated to daycare).

The plan was to watch her like a hawk and the second I saw her going potty, I would rush her into the bathroom. But no...Joci has her way of doing things. I said, "Tell Mommy when you have to go potty." She said, "Joci potty!" So we ran to the bathroom and Joci sat on the potty and did it. No accident at all. No dribbles. The second incident was just like that. She just went! What a stellar start!

Of course we had accidents. By Sunday afternoon, Joci was a bit stubborn. She was sick of hearing "Tell Mommy if you have to go potty, okay?"

But Sunday night, Joci figured something out. She realized she is allowed to get out of her bed and room if she's going potty. So she kept getting out of bed to go potty. She did it probably five times in 30 minutes - but she went potty every time. You could tell she was just squeezing out anything she could just so she could get out of bed and get a treat. But she got it!

She got up at 2 a.m. I took her potty and she went. She went back to bed. She was awake again at 4 a.m. and she was wide awake and ready to party. For an hour I tried to get her down. By 5 o'clock, Justin just said to bring her to bed with us. We all eventually fell asleep. I was so paranoid we would all wake up to a wet bed. But we slept in until 9 and Joci stayed dry all night.

Monday, Joci did perfect when she was awake. She had an accident during nap and one at night.

At daycare today, Joci only had one accident during her nap. I was worried she would regress at daycare because she is in a new class. But I am proud of her.

Overall, it was tedious. And it was boring. I couldn't be more than a couple feet away from her, with my eyes staring at her legs looking for drops. So yeah, it was boring and intense at the same time. But it was worth it. I kept a tally and at the end of the three days we had 31 successes and 13 accidents.

I gotta say that my 3-day weekend was not super fun and I was kind of relieved to go back to work. How awful of me to say. :) But it was worth it. Way to go, Jo!

2 comments:

UK Yankee said...

Yay Joci! And yay Mommy, that's awesome!

Alicia said...

Very awesome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here