Friday, June 10, 2011

The Ring

Justin picked out my engagement ring all on his own. I love that. And I love that I love it. I always thought it’s far more romantic when the man picks out the ring all on his own and the proposal is a complete surprise, but since diamond rings are a big investment and something I would wear forever, that concept made me a little nervous. I didn’t have to worry though. I got my surprise engagement and Justin picked out an absolutely beautiful ring that is just my style.

My ring features a roughly one-third carat marquise diamond in a tapered yellow gold band with eight channel set diamonds. My wedding band matches with a row of channel set diamonds in yellow gold.

I have always loved marquise cut diamonds. I think they look so regal and elegant and my ring emphasizes my slender fingers. Plus—marquise cuts appear bigger. :P I adore yellow gold. It is just classic. There is nothing else in the world like it. It is the metal that has been revered for ages. And I think the bright, rich gold sets off the diamonds so much better than a white metal. The setting offers the right amount of adornment but is such a classic look that I don’t see it ever being dated or going out of style.

I love it. 


3 comments:

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journal said...

I love marquise diamonds, too! (That's what I have as well.) It's beautiful, he did a great job. :)

Liz Smith said...

beautiful! i have to say i like these posts honoring your 10 year. it's fun to read about all the fun details of your engagement and wedding. :)

Beckie said...

I too adore marquis diamonds- both my rings have been marquis!! OOh how lovely- and I love that Justin picked it himself! I refused to pick my first one!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here