Thursday, July 14, 2011

Help Me Choose an Adoption Blog Button

We're Expecting!

So I hope you all gathered from last Wednesday's post that we have been accepted into an adoption program and are getting all our ducks in a row to get on the list. We will be working with A New Beginning, which is the agency we went through for Jocelyn's adoption and we just love them.

This is happening a bit sooner than I anticipated. On our anniversary, Justin and I discussed baby #2. When we sketched out our personal timeline, we figured we'd start the process again early in 2012. We knew the program with A New Beginning was closed but they had a waiting list to get in the program. We decided to get on that list, not knowing how many couples were ahead of us, and just kind of hope we could get into the program in the next 6-8 months.

We didn't even officially apply to that list, although our caseworker was aware of our intentions.

I thought it would be nice to take this adoption slower because last time we were so excited and just rushing to get things done.

I work with the guy who took our family pictures a couple weeks ago. Jason Miller does amazing award-winning landscape photography and recently expressed interest in portraiture. I asked him if he would do our portraits sometime this summer. Late July, late August, I was in no hurry. Just wanted some pictures for adoption profiles and such. I asked him on a Monday and he came back and said that Thursday would be the best day for him - they had company coming and a baby due any day. I tried to convince him that we could really push the session back a month or two, but he really liked the idea of doing it that Thursday. Although I felt it was a little premature, we went with it and the pictures turned out so great.

The next Monday, I got an email from my caseworker saying that they had an opening in the program and it was reserved for us - just send in our application.

WOA!

I was NOT ready for that. I called Justin. "What do we do?"

"We take it," he said without hesitating.

I explained that this did not fit into our timeline.

He reminded me that someone else might have a different timeline for us and we need to trust that. :)

He is so right.

So my head is still trying to keep up with this, but we are going for baby #2!

I've mocked up some blog buttons. Which do you like best? Also - what size of buttons do you think are most common/best? These are 150 x 150, but if I can go up to 200 x 200, maybe that would be better. What do you think?

I would love your opinions about these buttons - and hopefully you'll like the one I pick enough to put it on your blog! :)


#1 Black and White


#2 Standing Group


 #3 Sitting Group


#4 Crouching Down


#5 Cupcakes


#6 Picnic


#7 Walking


I need your opinions, so even if you don't usually comment or you're a lurker, make an exception and let me know. :)

32 comments:

Natalie said...

#1, #4, #7 are my favorites. :) What an exciting time for your family! I hope the road is smooth.

Alicia said...

I like #4 best. I would put it on my blog. As for size, I couldn't tell you, but I would make both because some people need small buttons, others can accommodate larger buttons. Second favorite would be number 3 but I really like when you say Hoping to adopt again. I think that's an important message.

Doctor O said...

#1, #4, or #6. Congrats again, Lara!

Michelle said...

I really like #4 or #6. They are all really sweet though . . .

Beckie said...

I like #4 Best!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your smile in #1. It just looks like a very candid and natural picture. But I favor color pictures over B&W, so #4 would be my pick.

Sierra Williams said...

I love them!!! but my favorite are #1 and #7. They look more candid and you can tell that there is happiness and laughter in your family. I'm super happy for you!

Haylee said...

I like #1 the best because it is candid and shows you are all happy but not in a posed way. It would be even better in color! :)

Rachel said...

They are all adorable, but I vote for #4.

Amy said...

I like #2, I guess I'm the odd man out on that one. It's nice that's it's a close up and you can see all three of you well. But I also love the feel and image of #4 and #6. I think the size is great for most people's side bars. :)

Jamie Boyd said...

#1 is definately my favorite, not just because it's B&W, but I think it's the best picture, and I always like a simple phrase like "Hoping to Adopt" more than a cheesy catch phrase :)

Let us know what you choose. I'll definately be putting it on my blog.

Ahora said...

I like number 1, because you look more genuine. But I think those that have your names on are more personal.

Groff Family said...

I like #1. And I am such a dunce! I totally thought your post last week was a "flashback" to your first check to your agency when you started the process the first time around. I guess I didn't notice the 2011 part! Congrats!

Kim said...

Y'all look great in all of them, but I like #1 and #7 the best. Could you get #1 in color? Good luck choosing!

Jessica said...

I have to pick just ONE? How about two? I'd go with #1 or #4...I do love B&W...but #4 is just adorable. Either way, you can't go wrong! Congrats!

Liz Smith said...

YAY!!! i'm so excited for you guys! can't wait to see how it plays out.

i love picture #1. :)

mrs. r said...

I love #1 and #2. You look AH-mazing in #2.

Hotness!

Faye Hayes said...

I LOVE # 4

Anonymous said...

#1 is a wonderful picture but so are all of the rest. You wouldn't go wrong with using any of them or all of them. I'm so excited for you guys. It means you might be along the roadway swatting bugs again. Ha Ha

Grandma Z

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journal said...

You know I love #4!!

Cindy said...

I like #4 and #7

Ashley said...

I'm all for four.

Life Happens said...

I <3 #2 and #4. I am so excited for you guys!

Seamans Family said...

Definitely #4!

Jennie Smith said...

I love them all, but my favorites are 1,4,5,& 7. I would also use the larger button. Congrats!

UK Yankee said...

I like 1,2,3 & 7. Although 4 is beautiful, you can see your faces better in those.

I also like the white block above and below the picture with your text instead of on the picture.

And I don't care what you pick, of course I'll put your button on my blog! :)

The Gotch Family said...

#4. #1 is cute, but since you are a brunette now, with bangs, I didn't even recognize you (okay, your not that different). 4 is the cutest. (though the cupcake saying is adorable)

rochelle said...

I love #1 and #2! I am thrilled for you! I can't wait to hear about your journey into #2! It is such an exciting time!

Anonymous said...

I may be wrong but, isn't the idea of the button to catch your eye so you click on it and find your whole profile with more pictures of your family? In that case, I love #4 because it is so cute and something different. It isn't like most of the other adoption buttons that I have seen and I think that it might catch the eye of just the right person. Good Luck!

Traci said...

I love #1. #4 would be my second choice. I hope everything works with your new timeline!

Meagan said...

#4 & #7 are my faves. Good luck! I will be checking and rechecking your blog and my phone for your upcoming good news!

Helan said...

I know I am probably too late in responding but I like 4 and 5. I just came across your blog and it great! I adopted my son recently and it is the greatest thing that has happened to me! I find adoption blogs like yours and informational website like http://onlineceucredit.com/edu/social-work-ceus-cpa have helped me adjust to becoming a mom.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here